All services free & confidential.

Click or press ESC to hide this website

our services header

Court Accompaniment

You are not alone.

We are here to support you on your journey to safety.

What Can I Expect at Court?

Our trained legal advocate will explain the process, discuss expectations, and accompany survivors in court to petition for an Order of Protection.
A Camden House advocate will stay with survivors and provide support during their testimony. Our advocates also help survivors develop safety plans for their unique situations, and provide referrals to community services.

Camden House collaborates with the Georgia Legal, which provides free legal services to those who qualify.

We Have Answers

Camden House Court Advocates can answer the important questions you have.

  • How will an Order of Protection keep me safe?
  • What do I do if my abuser violates the order?
  • How do I deal with visitation when there is an Order of Protection?
  • What is an Order of Protection? How do I serve an Order of Protection?
  • Temporary Order of Protection

What is an order of protection?

It is an order issued by a court to limit the behavior of someone who harms or threatens to harm another person. You do not need a police report in order to file for an order of protection.

What does an order do?

The order may direct the offending person not to injure, threaten or harass you or any other person(s) listed in the order. It may include, but not be limited to, directing the named individual to:

  • stay away from you
  • stay away from your children
  • stay away from your home, place of employment, school, etc.
  • not communicate with you by any means, including a third person
  • refrain from abusive or threatening behavior
  • move out of your home
  • grant temporary physical residency of minor children
  • not have a gun

How do I file for a Temporary Order of Protection?

Camden House’s Legal Advocate will help you through the process by providing support, court accompaniment, and safety planning. The process may take a while, so contact Camden House as soon as possible for assistance.

What if someone violates an order of protection?

It is a crime to violate a temporary or final order of protection. The individual does not have to hit you to violate the order. If the subject does not obey the order, then you can call the police to press charges or choose to go to court to file a violation or both.

All services are free of charge and confidential.

Support Camden House

You can donate via PayPal here. You can even set up a recurring donation on your schedule! We appreciate your gifts!

shop at amazon

Stay Connected

24-hour Hotline: (912) 882-7858

P.O. Box 5159 St. Marys, GA 31558

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from Camden House, P.O. Box 5159, St. Marys, GA, 31558.

Our Mission & Vision

Our mission is to support victims of domestic violence as they become survivors and lead healthy, abuse free lives.

Our vision is to be the premier non-profit in Camden County using a trauma-informed care service model to meet the needs of domestic violence victims and support them as they overcome barriers.  We have the right people (staff and board) and financial resources in place to support our organization’s mission.


Since 1987, Camden House has served as the community voice for victims of domestic violence in Camden and Charlton counties. Your donations will support Camden House’s efforts to end domestic violence and provide a safe, secure environment for victims to heal and create a new life for themselves. With your help we will continue to serve our community and victims for many years to come.

Donate Now